St Patrick's Hockey Club was formed in Canberra in 1954 by Father Benedict 'Barney' Lynch, of St Patrick's Church in Braddon. In 1977 the Club invited Women's Teams to join the ranks and from there the Club has grown to have teams representing them in Men's, Women's, Junior and Indoor.
Whilst the club has always maintained a strong social element, Pat's players have progressed to represent both Canberra and Australia
St Patrick's Hockey Club respectfully acknowledges the land throughout the ACT and Australia on which we play our great game. We pay our respects to tp Elders past, present and emerging
We are committed to a positive future for all Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander communities and to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country and recognise the role and value of culture.
St Patrick's Hockey Club is a proudly diverse sporting organisation, and celebrates LGBTIQ+ diversity, inclusion and pride in hockey